Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Goddess of Lost Earrings Mask+TeaCup Pin Cushion


This is me as the "Goddess of Lost Earrings".

My friend Nannette Giacoma, casted my face, a very strange but peaceful experience. It was worth it to then be painted, and decorated beyond my imagination. She has a few other mask pieces decorating her home that are just wonderful.

She has a whole business practice called New Moon Rising Coaching developed for artists and their businesses.
This was so fun Nannette, thanks for inviting me to be a part of your creativity!




For a very long time I have wanted to attempt this pretty little project inspired by Lauries Charming Designs. I have been watching her make her lovely pincushions on teacups and spoons. She makes her own birds from wool. I'm going to have to purchase some of those.

So I used my Lenox tea set, my little cardinal winter bird, some vintage buttons I found at my flea market and thought it was a nice spot to also display my white buttons cluster I made a while ago.