Monday, October 18, 2010

Teacup Tues #3

This Teacup Tuesday I have displayed a very elegant gold and white Queen Anne pattern 366.
The blue inside the cup is so pretty with the trim of gold around the edge.

I also displayed a portion of my antique cloths and doilies with their unique designs.





But the most fun was looking up vintage and depression glass. Depression glass seems to be worth more. I'm not sure which type of glass this sugar/creamer set is. It too is a very pretty blue tint possibly from the 30's or 40's. But the blue isn't very vibrant so I'm guessing it's depression glass.
"When new, Elegant Glass cost more than its often-confused counterpart, depression glass, because it was at least partially handmade, had a cleaner finish, and more vibrant colors. From the 1920s through the 1950s, Elegant Glass was an alternative to fine china. Most of the Elegant Glassware manufacturers closed by the end of the 1950s, and cheap glassware and imported china took its place".















I"m so excited Creative Home Arts made me an "honorable mention" to their Holiday Decor Contest. There are 2 of my Christmas/Winter whimsical jars in the magazine and one of my spring jars within the "web extras" on the site. These contests earn $750 for 1st prize. Maybe one day one of my projects will be one of the 3 top winners. Until then, I'm very happy with earning $25 as an honorable mention!!

These are the collages I sent to them.

Whimsical Jars




If you would like to see them closer just c
lick to see the details. I used pieces of cedar, small pinecones and broken pieces of pine cones for stepping stones.


This is a new jar for the harvest season. It has daffodil bulbs ready to go in the ground. The jar can then store ribbons, buttons or other treasures.

9 comments:

Snap said...

Your teacups are great and I love your whimsical jars! Clever! Congratulations on the honorable mention. Happy Tea Day!

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: I just love the tea cup and the creamer set. It is just beautiful. So dainty. Thank you so much for sharing them. Your jars are great too! Blessings, Martha

Terri said...

Congratulations on your Honorable Mention!

Your Queen Anne cup is very pretty. I am quite partial to gold detailing on a cup.
Thank you so much for sharing with us.
Hugs,
Terri

Pellie / Penny said...

Congratulations on your honorable mention award for your jars.

Your teacup is so very pretty. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Hugs,
Penny

parTea lady said...

Your Queen Anne teacup is gorgeous - that blue color is so pretty. I really like your whimsical jars and that daffodil bulb jar is great.

Congrats on honorable mention in Creative Home Arts.

Kathy Eickholt Elegant & Depression Glass to Share said...

Very pretty. I've not seen your blog before and it is interesting. Your creamer and sugar are the Fairfax pattern by Fostoria Glass.

Wanda Lee said...

Hello there dear lady!

I especially love the colours of your lovely teacups and your artful display; the depression glass is wonderful also!..,

Please pop by for a tea visit soon in my little corner of, 'Tuesday And Wednesday Teatime In Blogland'!

..,This week marks my 54th, 'Tuesday Tea For Two', blog teaparty. ~ I'd love to share yet another Tuesday Tea heartwarming visit and cup of tea with you!

Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee
@ http://theplumedpen.blogspot.com
and also @ http://silkenpurse.blogspot.com

Jacoba said...

Very pretty teacup! So delicate.
I loved your previous posts just the same.
Happy day,
Jacoba

Wayne said...

Hey Lisa! not sure if this is the Lisa that lived in Alna, but it's Wayne from Alna. Love to hear from if it is you. My email is whtmtns@yahoo.com
Cheers,
Wayne